The powerful Black Berkey™purification elements unique structure and micro-pores remove or reduce viruses, pathogenic cysts, parasites, harmful or unwanted chemicals such as herbicides and pesticides, VOCs, detergents, organic solvents, cloudiness, trihalomethanes, silt, sediment, heavy metals, foul tastes and odours, yet they leave in the healthful and beneficial minerals that your body needs.
Many water filters on the market may claim to be a water purifier, but do not meet the performance specifications required for this classification. In order to be classified as a water purifier, a water treatment device must remove at least 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria and reduce viruses by 99.99%. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements can be classified as water purifiers because they remove 99.9999999% of pathogenic bacteria and 99.999% of viruses, which greatly exceeds the standard.
Each durable and efficient purification element will last for up to 3,000 gallons each (6,000 gallons per set of two) (11,356 to 22,712 litres) and provide years of efficient water purification.
- – Viruses: >99.999% Exceeds Purification Standard (Log 4)
- – Pathogenic Bacteria Surrogate: >99.9999% – Exceeds purification standards (Log 6)
- – Trihalomethanes: Removed to >99.8% (Below Lab Detectable Limits)
- – Inorganic Minerals: Removed to Below Lab Detectable Limits
- – Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s): Removed to Below Laboratory Detectable Limits
- – Heavy Metals: Aluminum, Antimony, Barium, Cadmium, Chromium, Cobalt, Copper, Hexavalent Chromium (Chromium 6), Lead, Mercury, Molybdenum, Nickel, Vanadium
- – Also Removes or Reduces: Arsenic, MBAS, Nitrites, Selenium, Thallium, Rust, Silt and Sediment, Turbidity, Foul Tastes and Odors
- Wash hands before proceeding to ensure that contamination of filter system components does not take place
- Remove parts from their protective packaging, checking items against contents list.
- Prime Black Berkey® purification elements. (See back side of system instruction sheet).
- Place the large sealing washer over the threaded mount of the Black Berkey® purification element.
- Place the threaded mount stem into the hole in the interior base of the upper chamber.
- Secure element in the base of the chamber by screwing the wing nut onto the threaded mount. Repeat #3- #6
until all elements have been installed.